On Saturday, October 24th, 2015, Compassion Globally presented a cross-Canada musical ‘flash mob’ extravaganza. On that date, choirs sang simultaneously in surprise locations from coast to coast.
These wonderful choirs sang peacefully to help Canada, and subsequently the world, substantially reduce abuse and sexual violence inflicted upon women and girls.
We will make our world a more secure place for women, for girls and for men. We are not reinventing the wheel. We are making that wheel worldwide. Only with a worldwide organization can we accomplish our goal.
- North Vancouver: choir led by Jenny Morgan (who has also written a song called “Hope in Every Handshake” to be performed by other choirs across the country)
- Victoria: Gettin’ Higher Choir led by Dennis Donnely
- Calgary: Choir led by Nancy Jackson
- Edmonton: Edmonton Youth Choir – Dr. John Wiebe
- Regina: Choir led by Karen Ell
- Ottawa: The Big Soul Project Choir
- Hamilton: Hamilton Sings! led by Susan Crow
- Montreal: Choir led by Fran Spidle – Singing “Hope in Every Handshake”
- Quebec City: Choir led by Katharine Urbschat in French
- Halifax: Choir led by Sarah Krawiec
- Fredericton: University of New Brunswick Chorale led by Bjorn Runefors
- Charlottetowne, PEI: Veterans choir organized by Kip Holloway
- Nunavut: Iqaluit Choir (Inuksuk High School choir) led by Dr. Mary Piercey. Choir will sing in Inuktitut!
Media coverage of the event: